Search This Blog

Monday 2 February 2015

A Bigger Question?

"A 3 years old raped........" news reporter was saying as my father turned on a news channel.
Suddenly my father turned the volume low and changed the channel. My mother remarked in a concerned hushed tone that how such crimes have increased in a certain part of the country where this sinister crime took place.

I was in my room reading a novel but since room's door was open so I heard all this. My first thought was that how could anybody think about hurting a 3 years old? As a grown up I always find an inherent protective instinct in me for those who are vulnerable & young. Same thing I have witnessed in other  responsible grown ups too. This is very important & basic instinct for the existence of any society where its grown up members strive to provide a safe & healthy environment for its younger ones to grow because it's what decides the future well being of the society.

Now time for a reality-check thought; what kind of society is one where our children & women are molested & harassed? Incidents like these are happening so more often & its very scary. Before we start blaming flawed laws poor implementation let us take a step back & introspect for 10 minutes, shall we? These molesters are from our society, they are from among us so how come our society has began to produce human beings who are anything but humane, who have no love for children & no hope for future? So if cops won't be around & CCTV cameras won't be installed to keep a check on people would that mean people will go on tearing each others clothes & strangling one another huh?

One of the minister said that every women can't be provided with security guards & others are proposing to hire security guards in every buses & metro rail! Amidst all this a bigger question is that where are we all heading together as a society? If only anybody could answer this question.

No comments:

Post a Comment